TRENDS PA-10 hybrid pre-amplifier
Trends PA-10 Tube Headphone/Pre Amplifier is an innovative audio product and provides all functions of headphone amplifier and pre-amplifier. It includes the innovative circuit design of low voltage hybrid (tube/transistor) pre-amp to provide audiophile quality sound, compact size, and easy/safe DIYer accessibility - pure class-A circuit to provide the best sound performance and have fun tube rolling with this fantastic headphone amplifier.
- the innovative circuit design of low voltage hybrid (tube/transistor) pre-amp to provide audiophile quality sound, compact size, and easy/safe DIYer accessibility
- pure class-A circuit to provide the best sound performance
- support both 6DJ8/6922 series and 12AU7 series tubes by simply switching the jumpers. DIYers can easily change their both series tubes to enjoy the fun.
- ONE bi-triode 6DJ8/6922 or 12AU7 tube as voltage amplification and TWO MOSFETs as output driver which perform the warm, comfortable tube sound and in addition, guarantee the high fidelity & sufficient driving power to the next power amplifier stage.
- provide all functions of headphone amplifier and pre-amplifier
- provide TWO sets of switchable audio inputs. Besides the normal CD input, the Phono input with higher gain is provided for small output phono amplifier or PC/Mac/iPod.
- Besides the normal audio output in the back panel, ONE headphone output in the front to drive even high-impedance audiophile-grade headphones
- compact design (mini-size & light weight), suitable for hi-fi room, living room, sleeping room or even right beside your laptop computer.
- TWO precise screw-driving potentiometers for professional audiophiles to adjust the tubes bias voltage to guarantee the best working point for different tubes.
- require just a single +24V power supply ONLY, besides the bundled AC adaptor, audiophiles can apply all other power supply with the same spec., e.g. lead-acid batteries.
- a specially designed AC power adaptor with extra low ripple & noise for Hi-Fi device is bundled for continuous power supply
- separate pre-amp unit & power adaptor to minimize interference and flexible to apply other power sources, e.g. lead-acid battery.
- all audiophile-graded parts and components
- the stylish aluminium case provides outstanding shielding & grounding capability to keeps the background silent and maximize the S/N ratio.
1.1 Specification of the Headphone/Pre Amplifier Unit
|Vacuum Tube||6DJ8/6922 series or 12AU7 series (exchangeable)|
|Output Stage||MOSFET x 2|
|Amplification Gain||x3 (for Audio CD/DAC IN)
x20 (for Audio PC/iPod IN)
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)||92dB|
|THD+Noise||0.05% @ 10k ohm
0.15% @ 33 ohm
|Input||Audio CD/DAC IN RCA (Left/Right) x 1 [3Vpp max.]
Audio PC/iPod IN RCA (Left/Right) x 1 [0.55Vpp max.]
Power Socket (5.5mm/2.1mm) x 1
|Output||Audio OUT RCA(Left/Right) x 1
Headphone OUT (3.5mm) x 1
|Other Switch & Knob||Audio IN selection switch x 1Power ON/OFF switch x 1
Power Indicator (Blue LED under Tube Socket) x1
Volume Knob x 1
|Power Supply||DC 24V-26.5V (max.)|
|Dimensions||(W)76mm x (H)46mm x (D)114mm|
1.2 Specification of the AC Adaptor
|AC Input||Universal AC 100V-240V/50-60Hz|
|DC Output||DC 24V 0.6A (15W)|
|DC Plug||DC 2.1mm|
|Ripple & Noise|
|Dimensions||(L)78mm x (W)50mm x (H)33mm|
|Trends PA-10 Features||Trends PA-10||Trends PA-10 SE*|
|Tube||Chinese 6N11||Russian 6H23n|
|Audio output Capacitor||10uF cap(Black)||EVOX cap (White)|
|Sound Quality||Balance sound in full range and good fidelity||Relative thicker & warmer mid range and heavier bass|
- Trends PA-10 SE: Trends PA-10 Tube Headphone/Pre Amplifier -Special Edition
- To continuously improve our product, we reserve the rights to change some features and specifications without further notice
1. Can Trends PA-10 Tube Headphone/Pre amplifier be the Phono Amplifier ?
No. Trends PA-10 Tube Headphone/Pre amplifier does not support RIAA.
2. What are the difference between CD Input and Phono Input
The CD is normal input. The Phono input with higher gain is provided for small output phono amplifier or PC/Mac/iPod.
CD Input: Standard gain = 3 x
Phone Input: Hi gain = 20 x
3. It is very loud, boom with flabby bass when I turn on Trends PA-10. Why ?
It is normal that the vacuum tube have to warm up for several minutes to the stable condition. The temperature is also a factor for the bias voltage.
4. I once accidentally turned on the Trends TA-10 T-amp before I turned on the Trends PA-10 Pre-amp and the tube kept blinking with an intermittent popping sound. Any explanation for that?
We suggest that you turn on the Trends PA-10 Pre-amp firstly. For example:
|Trends PA-10 Pre-amp||Trends TA-10 Amplifier|
|Switch On:||First||Second||Switch Off:||Second||First|
5. How can I change another vacuum tube for Trends PA-10 Tube Headphone/Pre amplifier?
Trends PA-10 Tube Headphone/Pre Amplifier supports two major tube series: (1) 6DJ8, 6922, 6N11, 6H23n, ECC88, E88CC, etc?, and (2) 12AU7, 5963, 5814, ECC82, etc? If you change the tube within the same series, it needs to re-tune the DC bias voltages ONLY. If you change the tube from another series, it needs both to re-tune the DC bias voltages and re-set the jumpers. Otherwise, the tube may be burnt out.
1 Year Warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Decibel Hi Fi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.