Designed in Leicester by David Shaw, founder of Icon Audio the 805 valve is capable of making golden sublime music.
A sister valve to the RCA 845, the 805 is capable of greater power output, but is extremely demanding of the driver stage. They have used 4 6SN7s and 2A3 power valve to do this.
For some people only a large triode valve like the 805 can give the golden warm tone which is so pleasing, with its feeling of air and space and sense of realism. But many 805 amplifiers are low powered. The MB805 is designed to deliver 50 watts. More than enough to play large orchestral works and modern music.
Specifications and Features
• Comprehensive manual incuded
• Improved 4x 6SN7 high current driver circuit
• Class A, all Triode front end
• Choke loaded 2A3
• 1x 805 triode
• Choke regulated power supply
• All hand wired point to point
• No printed circuit board to ‘colour’ sound
• Output Watts of Pure Class A
• Signal to noise level -90db
• Hum and noise 0.5mv (low sensitivity)*
• Frequency response 20 – 20 kHz -1db
• LDT Low distortionTertiary winding transformers
• THD typically less than 0.1% @ 1w. 0.3% @ 8w (1kHz)
• 4 & 8 ohm loudspeaker taps
• Japanese special long grain iron and low oxygen copper
• Attractive valve cover included in the price
• Jensen Copper foil coupling capacitors
• Silver PTFE audio cable
• Gold plated Input & speaker terminals
• 220/240volts (115 v adjustable)
• Size in cm W24, D57, H28 mm ( inc cover), 36kg each
(Allow space for connections and ventilation)
(Specifications subject to change, errors & omissions excepted August 2011)
1 Year Warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Decibel Hi Fi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.