Our new flagship integrated amplifier. Designed to get the best out of the fabulous 845. Ideal for someone wanting the ultimate in luxurious warm sound.
You could say that this amplifier has been twelve years in the making as we have used all our experience and expertise to design and manufacture this remarkable amplifier. Everything possible has been done to allow this superb valve to work its magic. Forty watts is ample power to obtain a high volume in most situations. This means that all of the components and valves are generously rated to give the ST845 its enviable sonic signature. And still comfortably get everything in one chassis.
The importance of Push Pull. Many exotic SE designs are criticised for their distortion and bass performance. A glance at the ST845 figures shows real bass power at low distortion is possible! You wont be disappointed.
The sound quality: tested on a wide range of loudspeakers the ST845 offers a very unbiased interpretation of music that only valves can do. This is partly due to the absence of monitoring and control circuits, surprising simplicity, very little feedback, lots of pure copper and heat!
You can expect a more three dimensional sound stage. Imaging is more precise. The “texture” of each instrument is more apparent.
The Ultimate Pure Triode PP Integrated Amplifier! Probably the worlds first. Following our very successful MB845 100w mono blocks, we realised that there are many people who just love the sublime quality of the 845 valves but do not need high power or have the space needed for two large mono blocks and a pre-amp. Surprisingly 100w to 40w is only 3.9db lower in sound output, so the ST845 is an excellent relatively small one box package.
Specifications and Features
- Pure Class A, Triode front end
- Pure Triode 845 push pull output Stage
- All hand wired point to point
- Remote control volume
- May also be used as a power amplifier
- Comprehensive manual supplied
- Built in “Easy Bias” Meter
- ALPS Japanese volume pot.
- 4x 845 precisely matched
- 2x 6SL7 first stage valves
- 2x 6SN7 output driver valves
- 1x GZ34 driver stage rectifier
- Max output one channel 41w 8Ω 1% THD*
- 38+38w 8Ω both ch driven 0.5% THD*
- THD 8w 0.3%. 1w 0.09%
- Max output into 4Ω 32w (11.3v)
- Max output into 16Ω 39w (25v)
- Signal to noise level -93db
- Channel balance better than 0.1dB
- Damping factor of 14
- Freq response 10hz-20kHz -0dB (41kHz –0.1db) 8w
- Freq response 20Hz-20kHz 0.25dB (40kHz -1dB) 38w
- Suitable loudspeakers 4Ω to 16Ω
- *Low Distortion Tertiary wound output transformers
- Transformers potted to reduce noise
- Solen/SCR Hi Fi quality audio capacitors
- Jensen copper foil on request
- Silver plated pure copper PTFE audio cable
- Gold plated Input & speaker terminals
- Attractive Plexiglas cover supplied
- Four line inputs
- Record loop
- 300mv sensitivity.(high) for full output
- 950mv sensitivity (low) for full output
- 220/240/115 volts 220watts typical, 500w max
- C E. FCC ROHS
- 44W, 40D, 24H (28H with cover), 35kg
Typical Figures @ 235v Provisional specifications subject to change
1 Year Warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Decibel Hi Fi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.