The VM520EB has a standard cartridge body fitted with the para-toroidal coils, centre shield plate, and 6N-OFC coil wire(same as used for the 700 series).
Elliptical Bonded Styli
To reduce the tracking distortion and pinch-effect of a conical stylus, the elliptical stylus is made with a small effective radius to overcome these two conditions and provide more detailed audio content.
Audio-Technica’s high performance para-toroidal coil structure is inherited in this new VM generation.
Toroidal ring coils are separated by a centre magnetic shield for complete electrical channel separation. As a result, the new Dual Moving Magnet cartridge series offers audiophiles a delicate-yet-stable sound performance at affordable price positions - a blend that continues to allow Audio-Technica products to be favoured for high-fidelity sound.
- Cartridge installation screws
- 5mm×2 and 10mm×2
- Hexagon nut×2
- Frequency response: 20 to 23,000Hz
- Output voltage: 4.5mV (1kHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel separation: 27dB (1kHz)
- Output balance: 1.5dB (1kHz)
- Tracking force: 1.8 to 2.2g (2.0g standard)
- Coil impedance: 2.7k ohms (1kHz)
- DC resistance: 800 ohms
- Load impedance: 47k ohms
- Load capacitance: 100 to 200pF
- Coil inductance: 460mH (1kHz)
- Static compliance: 35×10 -6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic compliance: 8×10 -6 cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Stylus: Bonded elliptical (0.3×0.7mil)
- Cantilever: Aluminium pipe
- Vertical tracking angle: 23°
- Dimensions (HWD): 17.3×17.0×28.2mm
- Weight: 6.4g
- Replacement stylus
- (sold separately): VMN20EB
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Decibel Hi Fi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review