JELCO TS-550S MkII tonearm
9" static balance tonearm with oil damping
Jelco TS-550S MkII 9" Static-balance with oil damping tonearm
New MkII features:
- Inner cable is thicker silver plated PCUHD (pure Copper Ultra High Drawability) wires.
- All connected metal tip, connector pin and 5 pin terminal are Rhodium plated
- Headshell now has silk weaved OFC litz lead wires
Technical characteristics of PCUHD.
This material eliminates inclusions and impurities through a combination of a casting process that does not use any refractory and a post-processing processn that does not pass through hot extrusion and rolling processes.
Despite being a 4N (copper purity 99.99%) grade material, it has the characteristics of "high flexibility" and "drawability that can be processed to ultra fine wires".
- Among the impurities, oxygen that is particularly likely to be mixed could be suppressed to below 5 ppm, which is below the standard for general oxygen-free copper wires. It is unnecessary to use a gas burner in the process by filling the inside of the apparatus with an inert gas.
F e a t u r e s :
- One point cross suspension system.
- Oil damp system equipped, and this main purpose is to improve bass performance, reduce vibrations, and protect record disc damage from jumping stylus.
- Simple mechanism create good reproduction sound.
- The tonearm geometry allows for a Baerwald alignments which is IEC recommendations.
- This universal type counterweight can be used from 17 to 34 grs cartridge weight including head shell.
- TS-550S is fitted with a standard head shell and can easily be changed with other standard head shell (cartridge).
Supplied with all necessary accessories for mounting - arms, base, counterweight, mounting template, user manual.
Jelco unquestionably offers the best value for money tonearms and phono cables on today's global market.
A range that offers incredible performance, for a price defying any competition.
Ultra-precise micro-mechanisms, that is the secret of the technology of the company ICHIKAWA JEWEL, founded in 1920 by Y.ICHIKAWA. 2018 is the year of Ichikawa's 98th birthday.
The tonearm designed and manufactured in Japan. An exceptional price quality ratio.
Easy assembly, smooth and pleasant use. Exemplary finish.
Compatible with most turntables & MM , MI and MC.Cartridges
Supplied with all necessary accessories for assembly.
Jelco have been in business since 1920 and have manufactured tone-arms for the world's biggest-name turntable producers. Manufacturers that have marketed Jelco arms under their own names include Koetsu, Sumiko, Audioquest, Linn, Oracle, Ariston, Roksan, Revolver, Mission and Graham. In fact, Jelco manufactured the famous Sumiko MMT and the Linn Ittock II.
finish - black / chrome
|Bearing System||One point cross suspension|
|Effective length (from the tonearm pivot to stylus point)||232 mm|
|Distance of the tonearm pivot to spindle||214 mm|
|Overhang (spindle to stylus point)||18 mm|
|Tracking error angle||＋1.96° －1.03°|
|Horizontal sensitivity (first action, inner wire free)||30 mg|
|Vertical sensitivity (first action, inner wire free)||30 mg|
|Suitable cartridge weight with head shell||17~34 gr|
|Range of height adjustment (distance between the arm base bottom and center of the arm pipe)||38~60 mm|
|Additional function||Oil Damping|
1 Year Warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Decibel Hi Fi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.