GARROTT P77 with MicroTracer stylus
N.O.S. no retail packaging
These are New Old Stock. The manufacturer discovered a stash of new P77s when moving premises. The popular Garrott P77 phono cartridge uses a MicroTracer diamond rather than the MicroScanner MkII on the P77i.
VERY LIMITED STOCK
Diamond Stylus: MicroTracer on special high rigidity alloy dual tube cantilever
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±2dB
Channel Separation: 25dB (typical) @ 1kHz
Compliance: Med. 18 x 10-6 cm/dyne
Output Voltage: High output type 4mV @ 3.54cm/sec
Tracking Force: 1.8 Grams +/- 0.1
Input Impedance: 47k Ohm
Cartridge Weight: 5.8 Grams
Supplementary Technical Information
In order to understand how the Garrott P-77 gives such unique sound quality you need to know something of its special design features.
Until now, it has been generally considered impossible to harmoniously combine the best features of the 3 major types of stereo cartridge design - that is, moving magnet (MM), moving coil (MC), and variable reluctance (Decca type).
The Garrott P-77 has achieved the impossible! Here's how ......
The Garrott P-77, personally designed by John Garrott after many years of stereo cartridge research, incorporates many new design features - all in one cartridge.
* specially designed critical acoustic damping to control unwanted resonances thereby giving a warmth and musicality of sound not previously possible
* a suspension of unusual accuracy, to extract groove signals with utmost fidelity
* special "low Q" dual-tube alloy cantilever of great rigidity to minimise transmission losses
* custom designed Garrott MicroTracer GEM QUALITY, GRAIN-ORIENTED PARABOLIC DIAMOND STYLUS for super-accurate groove tracing and treble control, with the bonus of unusually low surface noise (excellent signal to noise ratio)
* special magnetic circuit to give unusually delicate positional information and "sound stage" and exceptional channel separation
* high-output coils to eliminate need for costly, sound degrading step-up devices
* individual fine-tuning under Garrott microscopes to give the mid-range sound projection so far found only in the Decca variable magnetic reluctance design
As a result of all the above new design features, the Garrott P-77 gives you a beautiful of -
* the dynamics of moving coil cartridges, without the typical MC brittle treble and "listening fatique"
* the smooth, easy-listening sound for which the best MM cartridges are noted
* the realistic, clear mid-range for which Decca cartridges are renowned, but without the lack of warmth encountered with that design
1 Year Warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Decibel Hi Fi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.