The Speed Box S is a very useful accessory for Pro-Ject turntables that do not offer a built-in electronic speed change. It performs with the push of a button, allowing extremely easy switching between 33 and 45 rpm. The quartz regulation and filter circuit provide optimised speed stability for smooth and undisturbed motor operation. The Speed Box S is compatible with Pro-Ject turntables as listed below.
Compatible with Debut Carbon, 1 Xpression III & Classic, RPM 5.1, Essential 2, 6-perspeX, RPM 1.3, RPM 9.2, RPM 10.1.
• Quartz-generated high precision electronic speed regulation with microprocessor control
• Sound improvement through motor running smoothness
• Clean power decoupled from mains interference
• Allows electronic speed change 33 & 45 rpm
• 78 rpm possible with optional accessory pulley
• Suitable for all turntables with 16 volt AC motor, up to 3 watt max. power consumption
• Metal case shields electronics from vibration and electromagnetic interference
• Small size allows installation close to record player
• Outboard power supply included
• Available in silver only
Input: 18V DC
Output: 16 V AC / 190mA (up to 3W max)
Speed stability: +/- 0,001%
Power supply: 18V/500mA DC
Dimensions: 103 x 36 x 104 mm (WxHxD)
Weight: 560 g without power supply
This is a review of the Speed Box MkII.
Paul Candy at 6moons says "it is essentially an electronic speed regulator. As with my 1 Xpression, the results were readily noticeable and well worth the asking price. Both ends of the frequency spectrum were slightly more resolved and the sense of natural flow and drive increased a tad. There was also greater focus and definition. For example, an acoustic bass was more solid and you could sense its resonating body to a higher degree as well as its driving pulse. Violins and vocals were less sibilant and more intelligible. It's a no brainer: if you own a Pro-Ject turntable, I can't think of a more cost effective upgrade than adding a Speed Box."
1 Year Warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Decibel Hi Fi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.