ICON AUDIO CDX2 valve CD player
Similar sonics to our more expensive CDX1 at lower price
The CD X2 is mid priced CD player developed to have a similar sonics to our more expensive CD X1 but at a lower price.
What we have done:
The CDX1 uses the latest 192kHz 24bit upsampling technology for high resolution. But more than this we have paid attention to the all important output stage of the CD X2 in order to avoid the “mechanical” soul-less presentation that some Cd players have.
You can expect a more musical presentation with more warmth and colour, being very easy to listen to.
Seeking greater stability we decided to use a top loading mechanism to without the “slide out drawer” for improved rigidity. The heavier alloy clamp also acts as a flywheel to improve rotational stability.
Future service and reliability is important to at Icon Audio. We are aware that some CD players have been scrapped early due to lack of spare mechanisms. Therefore we will be keeping a good stock of spare, mechanisms and lasers, being the most common part to fail.
As each CD player is prepared to your order in our factory, we can offer a range of upgrades including, premium and “new old stock” valves, the superb Jensen Copper foil “oil in paper” capacitors. Ask us for a quote.
Specifications and Features
• Easily upgraded (valves, capacitors, resistors etc)
• Latest 192kHz 24bit upsampling technology
• Sanyo mechanism
• Class A, all Triode output stage
• Signal to noise level -105dB
• Freq response better than 20hz-20kHz +0 – 5db
• Distortion 0.005%
• Dynamic range 110dB
• Coaxial digital output
• Valves 12AX7/ECC82
• Japanese steel EI transformers with low oxygen copper
• Audiophile components
• No “surface mount” parts used
• Solen Polypropylene audio capacitors
• Jensen Copper foil caps option
• Ceramic valve holders for minimum leakage
• Gold plated RCA sockets
• CD-R compatible
• Output 2v (0db reference standard).
• 220/240volts approx (adjustable to 115v)
• Power Consumption: 70w
• Comprehensive manual supplied
• Spare mechanisms available at low cost.
• Full instructions for valve change included
• CE, ROHS, WEEE compliant where applicable
• Size W41 D35 H12cm (Carton: 44x40x18 9kg)
Provisional specifications subject to change
1 Year Warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Decibel Hi Fi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.