The Audio-Technica AT-OC9/III is the latest evolution of the AT-OC9 cartridge originally launched in 1987. Over the years the AT-OC series has undergone a number of model changes both inside and outside Japan, and it has continued to be a best seller for over 20 years. While drawing on the basic design of the AT-OC9ML/II which has been available exclusively in overseas markets and which has received critical acclaim all these years, the AT-OC9/III is the result of a fresh approach based on a thorough review of the stylus tip, cantilever, magnetic circuit parts, damper and other aspects designed to track and reproduce the highest sound quality. With the new AT-OC9/III cartridge you will experience musical opulence and expressiveness of sound layered on depths of silence.
Special Line Contact stylus with solid boron cantilever
Neodynium magnet and permendur yoke for increased magnetic concentration and energy
PCOCC used for coils and terminal pins for pure electrical transmission
Dual moving coil for high separation and wide response
Especially strong and rigid VC mold holds the coils in place for minimized vibration
Precision-crafted aluminum alloy body and hard resin structure designed for high rigidity, minimized vibration and improved signal to noise ratio
Brass mounting screws designed to optimally produce high sound quality for the cartridge
Audio-Technica AT-OC9/III Cartridge Specifications
- Tonearm mount: Standard 1/2 inch
- Type: Moving Coil, dual moving coil design
- Frequency response: 15 - 50,000 Hz
- Output voltage: 0.4 mV (1 kHz and 5 cm/sec)
- Tracking force: 1.8 - 2.2 g (2.0 g standard)
- Recommended load impedance: Minimum 100 O
- Coil impedance: 12 O
- DC resistance: 12 O
- Channel separation: 30dB (1 kHz)
- Channel balance: better than 0.5dB (1 kHz)
- Dynamic compliance: 18.0 x 10-6cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Static compliance: 35 x 10-6cm/dyne
- Stylus: Contact Line diamond 0.0016
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Decibel Hi Fi users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.