AUDIO TECHNICA AT7V mm cartridgeRated 5/5 based on 1 reviews.
A new cartridge ideal for many record players as it will work well in modest tonearms.
The Audio Technica AT-7V cartridge is alluringly musical. It faithfully extracts and expresses the recorded musical artistry and complete harmonic sound quality lost in the detail by so many other more expensive cartridges. With independent left and right magnets and PCOCC coil, it offers music listeners and audio enthusiasts a new high in fidelity and sound quality.
It works wonders in rejuvenating systems with lackluster sound. Rediscover how good your records really sound!
The Audio Technica AT-7V uses a proven cartridge design elevated to a new level of significance by the use of advanced proprietary knowledge, very high quality materials and superior quality control. It uses the same cartridge body of the 100 series. Yes - the very same one used in many of the great sounding Signet cartridges beloved by many music listeners. So how does it really sound? Outstanding! It offers delicacy with a tinge of sweetness, crispness, clarity and resolution. During our listening sessions, we heard sounds that we hadn't noticed and enjoyed before - such as the tremble of the voice, the declining harmonics. It is a revelation. For those jaded by the mundane sound of ordinary cartridges, here is a cartridge that will embrace your senses, soothe your tired soul and fill the emptiness with the gift of music.
Audio-Technica AT7V Cartridge Technical Description
- Tonearm mount: Standard 1/2 inch
- Type: Moving Magnet, VM dual-magnet stereo cartridge
- Frequency response: 15 - 25,000 Hz
- Output voltage: 5.0 mV (1kHz and 5 cm/sec)
- Tracking force: 1.75 - 2.25 g (2.0 g standard)
- Load impedance: 47K ohms
- Channel separation: 27dB (1kHz)
- Channel balance: better than 1.5dB (1kHz)
- Dynamic compliance: 7.0 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Static compliance: 35 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Vertical tracking angle: 23°
- Cantilever: Tapered aluminum alloy
- Stylus: Grain-oriented Square Shank Nude Special Elliptical diamond with 0.2 x 0.7 mil tracing radii
- External size: H17.3.x W15.2 x D26.5 mm
- Weight: 6.2g
- Replacement stylus: Audio-Technica ATN7V (knob color: Indigo)
- Accessories included: Screwdriver, screws - 6mm x 2 pcs, 11mm x 2 pcs, 2 nuts, 2 washers
audio technica AT7 V m/m cartridge3 May 2017I have used several different cartridges over the years and am a fan of Ortofons in general having used a 2m blue and a 2m black in the past.I currently own a cadenza black but I kept seeing this AT7 V crop up in audio forums so decided to give one a try.It's not available in the UK but it was supplied very promptly by Decibel.I must admit to testing it without huge expectations due to it's relatively budget cost.How wrong I was.This is hands down one of the best m/m cartridges I have EVER heard.After the first disc made me sit up and take notice I began to try every usual test disc in my collection.It handled every one with ease.Bass was tight and controlled,mid-range was open and detailed and top end was simply fantastic.Vocal quality was as good as I have heard at ANY price!.Bear in mind I usually use a high end moving coil cartridge.I was hearing detail on some discs that I have NEVER heard before.This cartridge punches WAY above it's weight.To sum up,if you are looking for a do-it-all cartridge with scintillating performance,at a great price,I have no hesitation in saying that THIS is the one for you. And thanks to Decibel for the the great service.